Monday, April 4, 2011

Goal for the Day: Try Something New

Any day is a perfect day to try something new. I’m certainly not the most adventurous of people. I like my routine and sticking to what’s comfortable and established. But, I also have an insatiable desire to learn things. For example, I’m fortunate in that my mother is an exquisite cook. Lately, I’ve wanted to learn from her and, perhaps, make some of the wonderful things that she does. Though I’ll never match her skill, learning would still be fun. Just take a look at the “Treats of the Week” for some examples of her art. Similarly, my father is a master woodworker. I’m going to have an opportunity soon to learn from him and to try my hand at it myself. Now, I’m the first to admit that I’m rather inept with tools, but that can change.


So, this week, try something new. Even if it’s something you’re not terribly good at, you can give it a try. You may surprise yourself.

No comments: