Thursday, September 15, 2011

Card of the Day: The Coronation Ceremony, Paying Homage

In this series of commemorative card by the Churchman Cigarette Company from 1935, we’ve seen several scenes of the order of the coronation ceremony. Here, we see the moment directly after the proper crowning when members of the court pay homage to the new Monarch. Pictured here is George V. That’s appropriate since these cards were manufactured for his Silver Jubilee.


I always like to back these things up with additional images when I can. In searching for photos or other images from the coronation of King George V, most roads, it seems, lead back to me and this Web site. This is interesting to me from a vanity standpoint, but not very helpful since I don’t have any more images of people paying homage to King George V. So, I’ll simply add this very jolly and handsome photo of George V and my favorite dead Royal, Mary of Teck, looking quite content around this same time period. I honestly don’t know where I got this, but I’m sure it’s in the public domain.

No comments: