Monday, January 23, 2012

Treat of the Week: Chocolate Biscotti



We had a lovely surprise this weekend when we were treated with my mother’s homemade biscotti. This batch is particularly triumphant. Crisp chocolate biscotti are made all the more luscious with chopped pecans, dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips. They have been artfully dipped in melted white chocolate which not only creates a beautiful visual contrast but also affords a creamy. Rich counterpoint to the gorgeous dark chocolate. These are sheer culinary gorgeousness.

Have you got a favorite biscotti, cherished recipe or adored treat? Share your thoughts in our new online community.




7 comments:

Matt said...

Is it wrong that this is what I want to have for breakfast tomorrow? I think I'm in love.

Carolyn said...

Get me a cup of coffee and I'm ready! I can't tell you how much I want these yumsies! Beautiful!!!

Gene said...

I never had anything like this. You have inspired me to try new things. Since I don't get any good food at home, I have actually gone to some new bakeries to look for the sorts of things I see here. It is exciting.

Book Gurl said...

Wow!

Kathy said...

Biscotti are my favorite things and these ones look great!

Anonymous said...

Delicious!

Sam P said...

This makes those hard things at Starbucks look like dirty twigs. Very nice!!!