Thursday, November 8, 2012

Object of the Day, Caption Contest: The Domestic Sewing Machine Co.

Click on image to see the old goat.





When I go on a goat cart ride, I always like to load up the vehicle with us much extra stuff as possible. I like to put an enormous and very stiff doll in the back. And, I like to tie a ribbon around my dog as well as the whip I use to get the goats a-goin’. Yes, I’ll put on my tam and my little pants and drive my giant sister around the countryside. You see, she can’t walk. Poor thing has unusually tiny feet for her body. She’s still strong though. Oh, yes, she can steer those goats over any terrain.

I don’t know.

This trade card is, as stated, “Compliments of the ‘Domestic’ Sewing Machine Co.” I’m not quite sure what the image has to do with sewing machines, except that you can use one to sew all the extras bows onto your little Nineteenth Century outfits.

So, since there’s nothing on the back of this card, let’s have a caption contest, shall we. Answers in the comments section, please.




22 comments:

April said...

I hope now you will understand the loyalty and beauty of goats.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I will try.

Matt said...

Is it weird that I think that it would be fun to have a goat cart ride?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Not to me.

Carolyn said...

That's a goat of a different color.

Joseph Crisalli said...

It can even dye your eyes to match your gown.

Gene said...

The goats look like they're up to no good.

Joseph Crisalli said...

They always do--despite what April says.

Darcy said...

"I know you'll just love it, absolutely love it, Hamish." The Other One said to her red tam hatted little friend.
"The Steampunk Ruffle Zone is just the best. I know you like ribbons and bows and ruffles. Well, they have it all.
And our goats, just wait. Wait till you see how cute they'll look when we get them all gussied up in ruffles and ribbons."
Just then, there was a clap of thunder and the sky opened up. Hamish, The Other One and the cart fell down a steep cliff. They landed in a world of giant sewing machines.
The goats were set free to roam the world as they pleased.
And the moral of this tale?
NEVER underestimate the awesomeness of goats!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Wonderful! Simply wonderful!

Angelo said...

Weird goats.

Kathy said...

Darcy wins again!

Joseph Crisalli said...

I concur.

Barb said...

Darcy, you always make me laugh.

Joseph Crisalli said...

The best!

Sam P said...

Are you sure that's a doll in the back?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Either that or a corpse. Given Darcy's scenario, perhaps it's the latter.

Book Gurl said...

They're awfully well-dressed for playing with goats.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Funny--the goats think the kids are under-dressed.

Dashwood said...

There is nothing at all glamorous about riding behind goats. The view is off-putting.

So, in order to gentrify the experience it's in order to get all gussied up, introduce one's self to the diabolical creatures and prop up a stiff in the back seat for ballast. The dog does seem to be having a grand time.

Anonymous said...

It's just the sort of thing that a dog would enjoy.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Above response was from me. For some reason, the google made me anonymous.