Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cookies of the Day: Pecan Tassies and Gingerbread Cookies



Another two treats from my mother's kitchen, today, we have Pecan Tassies and gingerbread cookies.  

I always look forward to the Pecan Tassies.


These miniature pies are a hallmark of  the Southern United States. A beautifully tender cream-cheese-based crust holds a luscious filling of minced pecan and gooey brown sugar. You can even add chocolate chips! My mother drizzles each bite-sized tart with melted chocolate which adds another layer of scrumptious flavor. For all the joy of a pecan or derby pie in one handy package, a Pecan Tassie is the perfect Christmas cookie.


Next, we have the always-beloved gingerbread cookies.  

For as long as I remember, my mother’s famous gingerbread cookies have graced the Christmas table. Trees, bells, Santas, reindeer, fleurs-de-lys, ornaments, lights and people of assorted sizes, my mother decorates each one by hand.   And, this year, even my dad and I got to help decorate them.  We were each given our own piping bags and allowed to let our imaginations run free.  Each little person has his or her own personality. It’s almost a shame to eat them—almost.

7 comments:

Barb said...

My nana made tastes. I love them. The gingerbread looks cute!

Carolyn said...

So adorable!

Sam P said...

I want one of each!!

Doug said...

They all look great!

Kathy said...

You guys did a lot of good work

Matty said...

I want to decorate cookies!

Barry said...

What a treat!