The Victoria & Albert Museum
Part of the important collection of Arthur and Rosalinde Gilbert, this necklace features micromosaic panels which has been imported from Rome.
Constructed around 1820, the necklace consists of twelve oval micromosaics set in ovals of red glass and linked by double festoons of gold chains. The necklace supports a pendant cross of five smaller micromosaics. The panels illustrate alternating floral bouquets and Roman ruins and two show reclining dogs. Meanwhile, the central mosaic of the pendant cross depicts a ruin, and the other four show floral bouquets.